There are several accounts of people experiencing and describing wounds or early scenes of an old hospital, Hylands House was indeed a hospital during WWI
Anecdotal Evidence Blue Room
Team Tango hotel seemed to be able to communicate using a knocking technique this is also featured on an audio clip featured in the audio section.
Anecdotal Evidence The Banqueting hall
Information gained through a pendulum experiment which lead to a research connection for Geroge Fitzgerrald. Also noted is information about fox hunting, though research these of activities would of taken place mostlikely in the time of Sir Daniel Gooch 1904 – 1920
Investigation Data Images
Picture of an incident reported to us about the printers in the office. Also here features a video of an apparent communication coming fom the ghost box experiment.
Investigation Data Audio
Several recordings collected while doing various audio experiments would suggest that an interaction had taken place.
These images are still under research although we are interested in the hair line of one of the portraits as it seem to match up to Sir Daniel Gooch..
Twelve different owners have held the Hylands House Estate since the house was built around 1730 for Sir John Comyns. It has undergone several phases of major remodelling in over 270 years .
Sir John Comyns 1730–1740
John Comyns 1740–1760 & John Richard Comyns 1760–1797
Cornelius Kortright 1797–1815
Pierre Cesar Labouchere 1816–1839
John Attwood 1839–1858
Arthur Pryor 1858–1904
Sir Daniel Gooch 1904–1920
During World War I, Hylands House was requisitioned for use as a military hospital, and over 1,500 patients were treated there.
Mr John and Christine Hanbury 1922–1962
In 1920, Hylands was sold to a syndicate of local gentlemen, but only two years later it was purchased by John Hanbury. Like Arthur Pryor, John was chairman of the brewers Truman’s. However, John Hanbury died suddenly in 1923 before taking occupation of Hylands.
During World War II, the estate was the site for a German Prisoner of War Camp, and the house was used by the SAS as their headquarters.
Mrs Christine Hanbury died in 1962, aged 89, leaving the house and estate to her trustees, and for the final time in its history Hylands was again offered for sale.
Chelmsford Borough Council purchased the house and estate at auction in 1966 and set about opening it to the public and eventually restoring both the House and the grounds..