Test members area event results

Team Cameras 30th October 2020

Team Kilo Lima
Team Mike Lima
Team Mike Golf

Team Cameras 31st October 2020

Team Kilo Lima
Team Mike Lima
Team Lima Foxtrot

Incident Notes

Here are the Incident notes from Tonbridge Castle. Also the Data pages is the information collected from other events

Thermal Images

Here are the thermal images from Tonbridge Castle.

Thermal imagers do not see light, They only see temperatures. It takes the average of the frame as a base point. Anything warmer than the average will be displayed in light colours from orange though to white. Anything cooler that the average will be displayed in a darker colour from drop orange though to black .

Video Screen shots

Here are the video stills from the team video cameras at Tonbridge Castle.

Highlights Video

Information collected from 2017 to 2020

The Reported Ghosts

The Great Hall

The feeling of being watched from an upper walkway, people have said that they felt or saw a person observing them from an upper walkway.

In 2020 Team leader Mel captured a voice on video while doing a solo vigil in this location.

People have also consistently mentioned that they thought they herd somebody walking up the stairs but no one ever arrives at the top .

The Chambers

We have performed the Franks box sessions and Seances in this area so its not surprising that the most names have come up in previous investigations in this room.

However knocks on the wooden panelled walls, Foot steps from above even though we know the only other person in the area is the security man who is below us,

A chair moved in the middle os a seance in 2018 and a seeming play playful spirit engaged with us on video using a REM pod.

The Cellar

The faint sound of chanting and mumbling have been hear in one of the underground rooms.

Coats being tugged, hands being touched have been reported along with Footsteps, breathing sounds and tapping in answer to questions are the most consistent phenomena in this area.

The Tunnel

The Spirit of a small boy is consistently reported in this area by people who are sensitive in a mediumship way,

Footsteps, shuffling, tapping the barrels with some people also reporting having a fever / cold sweat,

One team witnessed a figure stood at the end of the tunnel that quickly vanished when the team reacted to seeing it.


Tonbridge’s first castle was a simple fort of earth and timber, thrown up – like hundreds of others – by Norman invaders for self-protection soon after they arrived in 1066. It stood on land overlooking the Medway crossing which William the Conqueror had given to his kinsman Richard Fitzgilbert. Local labour would have been used to shift the 30,000 tonnes of earth required to form the moat and the motte – the ’castle mound’ which still survives. A wooden keep would have been built on top of the motte, with an adjacent area, the bailey (now the Castle Lawn) protected by a fence of stakes.

The wooden castle probably only survived about twenty years. Descendants of Richard Fitzgilbert gradually replaced the earth and timber structure with stone, repairing the effects of decay, fire and warfare and reinforcing their stronghold against improved methods of attack. Their final castle had a noble gatehouse and was encircled by massive curtain walls connecting great towers at each corner, while a high shell keep crowned the motte. In places the castle walls were almost three metres thick, with sandstone facings from nearby quarries. Kings fought and were entertained at Tonbridge Castle, archbishops quarrelled over its guardianship, and Henry III’s niece and Edward I’s daughter were both mistresses of the castle. In Henry VIII’s reign the gatehouse was deemed to be “as strong a fortress as few be in England”.
In the Civil War the Castle was strengthened and garrisoned. Thomas Weller, who owned it at that time, was a Parliamentarian. He joined other West Kent gentlemen in opposing local unrest at Sevenoaks in 1643, and there was a three-hour skirmish on the outskirts of Tonbridge at Hilden Brook. The river crossing was fought over but not, it seems, the castle itself – though the Roundhead garrison wreaked havoc in the grounds. Later Weller was ordered to put the castle beyond military use by dismantling its defences.

In the 20th century the Castle became a place of recreation for Tonbridge people. A later owner, John Hooker, sold stone from the castle to build locks on the River Medway, and in 1791 his son Thomas took more stone from the ruined walls to build the residence that now adjoins the Gatehouse. What was left of the once-proud fortress became in turn a private home, a military academy and a prep school until in 1899 it was purchased by the Town Council. The residence became the Council Chamber and offices, and the grounds were opened to the public.

Nearly 900 years from its first construction, Tonbridge Castle saw military service once more, as part of a defensive line against possible German invasion in World War 2. Anti-tank defences and a machine-gun emplacement were constructed, and two pillboxes built into the 13th century walls.

Information from Tonbridge History.org

Connect with us